Those currently in or around Kuala Lumpur have probably noticed a few hours of rain soaking the city center this morning and the ongoing downpour has flooded several areas and streets in the city.
The KL Police The Facebook page released a list of flooded roads by 12:20 pm today, and fortunately, according to the details posted, no damage has been done so far.
Affected areas include:
Flooded but still accessible to vehicles:
- Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah from Jalan Ipoh
- From Jalan Sultan Ismail to Jalan Ampang
- From Imbi Street to Sultan Ismail Street
- Jalan Ipoh from Pahang Roundabout
Other flooded areas listed include Jalan Sentul’s Jalan Kampar, Bulatan Dato, Kampung Perik, Jalan Dutamas. In parts of Jalan Ampang and Jalan Dang Wangi, flood waters have been observed not flowing due to blocked drainage.
Release time not flooded:
- Jalan Ampang
- Jalan Kuching in Bulatan Dato ‘on section (where water can be seen rising)
- Jalan Raja to Dataran Merdekar
- Jalan Brunei / Jalan Pudu
- Jalan Chankat Thambi Dolla
- Jalan Maharajalela to Dataran Merdekar