First of all, Selmat Hari Roy for all Muslim readers, and we hope you enjoy the festival with family and friends and manage the last minute announcement of the verdict well today.
If you are returning to your hometown today, we have some bad news for you – the first session of the toll free time for the Raya ride officially ended at 11:59 last night.
The good news is that another toll free period is coming for the return trip – it starts this weekend from midnight on Saturday 7 May to 11:59 pm on Sunday 8 May.
Here are some tips to make the best of the next toll-free time
1. If you are late, exit the highway before 11:59 pm and re-enter
To qualify for the free toll, you must exit the highway before the 11:59 Sunday deadline. So what do you do if you are on the highway before the toll free period expires?
Leave the highway at your nearest departure and re-enter the highway to get free toll for the journey you have already taken. That way, you only have to pay the toll for the rest of the journey.
2. You can start your journey until you leave within the toll-free period
Just like point number 1, the opposite applies. If you enter the highway before May 7, you will receive a free toll as long as you exit the highway after midnight on May 7.
You may want to take advantage of this to make the most of your travels outside of toll-free time to avoid traffic jams.
3. Remember which payment method you entered!
If your car has both TnG / SmartTAG and RFID, it can be a bit confusing.
PLUS reminds us that if you enter using TnG / SmartTAG, you will have to exit using the same payment method. If you log in using RFID, exit using RFID.
If you mix payment options, this will result in a higher charge for the highway because your entry point is not recorded on the exit point system.
But hey, if you think about it – if the toll is free, does the penalty still apply?
The full list of highways in Malaysia with their respective discounted toll rates within the stipulated time is as under:
1. North-South Expressway (PLUS)
2. North-South Central Link Highway (Elite)
3. Seremban – Port Dixon Highway (SPDH)
4. Butterworth – Kulim Highway (BKE)
5. Second Link Malaysia Singapore (Second Link) (Linkdua)
6. Penang Bridge (JPP)
7. East Coast Highway (LPT) 1
8. East Coast Highway (LPT) 2
9. KL – Karak Highway (KLK)
Toll rate 50% discount:
10. Shah Alam Highway (Kesas)
11. Damansara – Puchang Highway (LDP)
12. Cheras – Kazang Highway (Grand Saga)
13. Sungai Besi Highway (Besraya)
14. New Coastal Expressway (NPE)
15. Ampang – KL Elevated Highway (AKLEH)
16. KL-Putrajaya Highway (Max)
17. Lebuharaya Duta – Ulu Kelang (DUKE)
Toll rate 30% discount:
18. Flood Water Management Project and Tunnel (Smart Tunnel)
19. Lebuhraya Corridor Guthri (Guthri Corridor Expressway)
20. KL-Kuala Selangor Highway (Background)
21. Butterworth Outer Ring Road (LLB)
Happy Holidays, Happy Holidays, and Stay Safe!