Electric cars are becoming more popular and newer models are being launched at increasing speeds This new generation of electric cars, trucks and SUVs offer more range and faster charging than ever before, yet range concerns are still alive and well, especially the charging infrastructure still lags behind what it should be, with the exception of Tesla’s powerful supercharging network. So when you buy an EV to be green, many customers still put the driving range ahead of overall efficiency. If efficiency is more important to you, check out our list of the most efficient vehicles and most efficient electric SUVs of 2022. You can also see our list The best Electric cars and SUVs.
The EPA rates the driving range of EVs – how far it can go on a single, full battery charge – just as it does per gallon mile and its electrical equivalent. However, its website does not allow you to sort EVs by driving range such as mpg-e, annual fuel consumption or greenhouse gas emissions. In some cases, some EPA-rated vehicles have not yet entered its site. With that in mind, we’ve compiled 25 long-range electric cars by 2022.
Many of these models are offered with multiple powertrain or battery options, so we’re only listing the longest-range versions of each vehicle.
Note that these are based on the EPA rating, but we have noticed that if the availability of a particular car or trim is limited. Also, if the EPA has not yet rated a particular model, we notice that the range image is an estimate from the automaker. You’ll also find links to EPA listings for these models, as well as links to our own reviews and other shopping tools.
Without further ado, here …
25 25 electric vehicles with the best driving range for 2022
1. Lucid Air Dream Version R with 19-inch wheels: 520 miles (this version is currently sold out; currently available high-mileage Lucid Air is Grand Turing with 19-inch wheels, 516 miles)
2. Tesla Model S Long-Range: 405 miles (again, this is an EPA estimate. As of this writing, the long-range is not available on the Tesla website. The highest-mileage model S has dual motors, an automaker – approximately 375 miles)
3. Rivian R1T quad-motor AWD with Max battery pack: “400+ miles” (Automaker estimates; as of this writing, the highest EPA-estimated range is quad-motor AWD with large packs, 314 miles)
4. Tesla Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive: 358 miles (as of this writing, Tesla lists up to an automaker 33 approximately 334 miles)
5. Mercedes-Benz EQS 450+: 350 miles
6. Tesla Model X.: 348 miles (as of this writing, the longest-range offer is dual motor all-wheel drive, an automaker আন approximately 330 miles)
7. Tesla Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive: 330 miles (as of this writing, the longest-running model Y available is still called Long Range All-Wheel Drive, but at an automaker মান approximately 318 miles)
8. GMC Hummer EV Version 1: 329 miles (version 1 sold out, but GMC expects other variants to get similar or better EPA ratings)
9. BMW iX xDrive 50 with 20-inch wheels: 324 miles
10. Rivian R1S Quad-Motor AWD with big pack: 316 miles
11. Ford Mustang Mach-e California Route 1: 314 miles (Mustang Mach-E Order Book is closed for 2022)
12. Kia EV6 Wind RWD Long Range: 310 miles
13. Hyundai Ioniq 5 RWD Long-Range: 303 miles
14. BMW i4 eDrive40 with 18-inch wheels: 301 miles
15. Volkswagen ID.4 Pro: 280 miles
16. Polyester 2 single motor: 270 miles
17. Chevrolet Bolt EV: 259 miles
18. Hyundai Kona Electric: 258 miles
19. Toyota bZ4X XLE front-wheel drive: 252 miles
20 Chevrolet Bolt EUV: 247 miles
21. Audi Q4 E-Tron Quattro (with Sportback): 241 miles
22. Kia Nero EV: 239 miles
23. Audi E-Tron GT: 238 miles
24. Jaguar i-Pace: 234 miles
25. Subaru Solitaire Premium: 228 miles